12.21.2011

Rehab ...

The Handydandys ... proud new owners of this 2 bed / 0 bath home!
Needed a little work but they hope to be in by Christmas!
 Bedroom #1 [hope previous owners didn't need that newspaper article tacked to the bulletin board!]
 Living Room
 Bedroom #2
 Rooftop Garden
 Going over plans with their interior designer.
 Let the demolition [& 7 years of bad luck] BEGIN!
Where we're at as of today ... wood floors are in!

Some friends of ours gave us this little play house. It had come out of their basement & then it sat in our garage for 5 months while we found some wall space in Libby's room. If you recall, we played "Musical Dressers" a month ago. So, 2 dressers [1 used to be her changing table] came out of Libby's room & 1 went in, leaving an open wall space for the doll house. Perfect.

It was dirty from being in a basement & garage and I found the decor to be a little dated. I didn't know who would be "living there" ... her Strawberry Shortcake dolls? Barbies [which she only has 1]? Littlest Pet Shop animals? Wasn't sure what I was going to do for furniture either. I fell in LOVE with the Calico Critters line. It was pricey, but I was willing to suck it up because it seemed perfect for her. But then, the week of Thanksgiving, my mom & I were doing a little late night shopping at Target while she was in town. And I saw a new line, only available at Target. Lil Woodzeez ... so cute. I picked out the Mouse Family and we bought a couple furniture sets. We even went on a mad hunt to other Target locations to try & snatch up the last remaining furniture set. It was selling out quickly!  But we got it.  The Mouse Family & furniture will arrive via sleigh on Christmas morning. But the house is busy getting rehabbed here at home and she's enjoying seeing it get cleaned up & made over. I've loved being busy with my shop the past couple of weeks & getting packages on their way, but I do believe the last order intended as a last minute Christmas present will be shipped off today ... then I have the rest of the week to get the house done in time for the Mouse Family to move in!!! I can't wait! :) And neither can they! [Although I heard big brother isn't looking forward to having to share a room with baby mouse ... or having a pastel floral motif for wallpaper, but hopefully he'll get over it.] ;)

3 comments:

Jaclyn Morgan said...

Can't wait to see the mouse family and their new house!

Jaclyn Morgan said...

I hope you do a follow up on Libby's vision of her new house,

Karah said...

ohhhh how cool!!!!