5.31.2011

Worth the mess ...

A couple weeks ago, Brett had to do a school project: a 3D National Symbol. He chose the Bald Eagle. After several internet searches for "eagle crafts for kids" & coming up a little short on something that was appropriate for a 3rd grader's class project, I did some research on Papier Mâché.

I found this impressive site which led me to this easier [& quicker] recipe for the paste. Worked like a charm. With some newspaper from the recycle bin, masking tape, glue & water we made an eagle. Then we let it dry over night before Brett got to paint it. We had so much fun. And Davis & Libby were so jealous they didn't get to help beyond helping shred newspaper. So I told them maybe this summer we can do it again - all of us picking out our own thing to make. These little bluebirds are mighty cute. :) Seriously. So cute. And so fun. Messy, but worth it.

I can't remember if I've already blogged about my favorite local book store or not ... if I have, I'll link up. If I haven't, I'll do a post on it. Papier Mâché might just become my new favorite hobby. :)

3 comments:

Jaclyn Morgan said...

WOW! Great job, Brett!

Dana said...

oh my goodness..so fun!!!! brett did such a great job on his eagle! the attention to detail is amazing! can't wait to see what you all do this summer with your new found craft!!

p.s. e-mail you tomorrow!!

Leah Morgan Korbel said...

great eagle! LOVE that paper mache site :)