6.02.2016

Some Summer Substance :)


(Libby's 1st Reading Log of the Summer)
(Libby's Summer Bucket List, printable from Pen + Paint)

(New printables, links below)


A few years ago, I made my kids a weekly chore tally sheet. I made several copies of it and assembled it in a folder, with Lindsay's "Summer Bucket List" free printable as the cover (her blog, Pen + Paint can be found here. So adorable. The kids loved it. And it really helped give them other ideas of things to do, a way to earn fun things or rewards & set some goals for the summer!

I think it was last year that I added the "Summer Reading Log" to the mix. My older kids have some over-the-summer book reports to do assigned by the school (due when school resumes in August), but the younger grades do not. Libby loves to read & stay busy. I thought that making her a reading log would help keep her focused on one book at a time & give her a sense of accomplishment when the book was completed.

Libby just found her old folder with her previous bucket list, chore chart & reading log and asked if I would make her more print outs for this summer. Her brothers are leaving for camp here soon ... which means a lonely sister left here with "nothing to do". The timing for me to pull this all up & print it all out is perfect. She & I made some updates to both the reading log & the chore chart then we printed them out.

I am attempting to make them available to anyone who also is wanting to add a little substance to their kids' summer. :) Please bear with me as I have never done a printable before. Hopefully the links work, are indeed printable &  if you choose to edit & add or delete your own categories - I hope they are editable, too (might need to copy & paste into your own document).

Don't tell your kids I put you up to this. 'kay? ;)

CHORE LIST found HERE.

SUMMER READING LOG found HERE.

No comments: