8.04.2008

Random Thoughts @ 1:00am

(with a few photos added the next morning for dramatic effect, click to enlarge.)
  • I was bothered by the white background on my blog. It just seemed so ... vacant. Plus, I think everything (artwork, photos) "pops" against COLOR. So for about the 15th time I went to redo my colors... and was thoroughly annoyed for the 15th time to not find a color that matched my color scheme. Nothing. So I've always seen that "enter hex code" box & thought "I wish I knew how to speak that language". Tonight I even tried out some random codes... just by randomly pressing letters & numbers on my keyboard, hoping I'd get some COOL COLOR just by happenstance. It made me laugh because it reminded me of when I was little & me and my sisters would be shopping & would whisper "let's act like we speak a foreign language". So we'd talk in our "foreign language" which always sounded the same, with repetitive sounds... "bocka cheeka locka cheeka lobba cheeka". I'm sure we had everyone fooled. :) So anyway, it made me laugh tonight as I tried to fool the computer with a made up hex code. Go figure, they all came back as "invalid". (I'm sure that's what flashed across everyone's minds when they heard our fake foreign language, too.) So I sent google a question... "how do you get a hex code for a color". Plain & simple. I got this answer {click here} ... my options for colors hextupled (not sure if that's a word... I have a red underline telling me it's not, but oh well). I think I found one I'm happy with. Thought I'd share.
  • I drink fully caffeinated coffee at night. Tonight I started my night-coffee at 11pm. I know that's weird... but it's my end of the night indulgence. It's warm, smells good & tastes good.
  • I gave this {above} to someone I know... Soooo cliche, but that's why I loved it. I'm going to remain mum on which friend of mine got this for now, but we're all grinning ear to ear with the news.
  • Speaking of flowers (mum), I must say I'm very disappointed in my gardening skills and/or my Martha Stewart "Zinnia Collection". First of all, there's no collection to speak of. Here's what the packet says... "It's a Good Thing - Whether it's growing in a garden or cut for a vase, zinnias look best bunched..." Oh I believe you that they look better bunched. But what if that's not an option? My $8 Zinnia Collection of 4 seed packets has produced 2 or 3 stalks, with still no blooms. Sadly, I planted these in mid-June thinking I'd have some flowers to be able to cut & put in vases for the Engagement Party I threw almost a month ago. 1 of the seed varieties is even called "Cut & Come again". I agree, "Come again?" I'm going to rename them "Cut & See ya laters". But that's even if I get the chance to cut anything. :( Above is a photo of "what I thought..." & "what I got...". I'm pretty sure the rest of the stuff in the pic is just weeds... but I'm waiting it out just to make sure.
  • I just got called upstairs to put the pillowcase on Bah-Boh. That's my 4 year old's security pillow that he's had since before he was born. A friend made it & gave it to me at my baby shower! It has vintage airplanes as a pattern in the background {since daddy's a pilot} & has a navy blue star applique. So cute. When he started talking, he pronounced pillow "Bah-Boh" & the nickname has stuck. I've made some pillow cases for it (out of his old flannel baby blankets) just to help with the wear & tear.I've also had to re-sew the corner shut - apparently, that's what you do to Bah-Bohs, is massage the corners. We get downy white feathers everywhere! :)
  • I either broke, jammed or dislocated my right index finger trying to kill a wasp. I know if you don't bother it, it won't bother you... but my 3 kids don't know that. I can't bend it, nor straighten it...it's sort of stuck in a position. Sort of annoying. I guess tomorrow I'll google my symptoms & come up with a treatment. :) [I don't even think I killed the wasp, I think I just smashed him down in the mud... I saw him hobble out.]
Well, I best get to bed. That's enough random thoughts for 1 night {early morning!}.

2 comments:

Jaclyn Morgan said...

Your zinnias look better than mine---seeds always seem like such a good idea...

Still don't understand how you could injure your finger and not even kill the wasp---in mud! I'm sure you weren't using your hand.

Funny how "Bah-bo" got its name. Remember Leah's "Nany" (for "Night-Night")

Rebecca said...

love the new "look"