4.27.2010

What a dollar can get you these days ...

I got it for $1 a year ago at a yard sale ... and with wood glue, a screw & paint, it looks a lot like these. But had I paid that price, I probably wouldn't have allowed my 3 year old to go near it with a paint brush. Only in her dreams [or in my nightmares].

Luckily, this one was $1 so she was handed a paint brush. For the 1st coat anyway. :) She had a total blast. I think her little activity made her forget that she was left home with me instead of going with her brothers & daddy to the boys' wet & muddy soccer games [oh & that she was mad about that fact]. She was so careful ... and said stuff like "I. not. get. it. on. my. thocks." The other funny comment she made was "I. wook. wike. I. go. to. thoccer. 'Cause. my. shoes. wook. wike. thoccer. shoes. and. my. thocks [her little knee socks]. wook. wike. thoccer. thocks." [Shin guards] :)

Okay ... she almost forgot that she was left home from the soccer fields. Technically, I think she still had it on her mind. :) Poor wittle baby.

4 comments:

Jaclyn Morgan said...

lI hope you are getting her taking on video because to hear the high pip-squeaky voice . . .she is so precious and the chair looks great.

Now, what can Davis paint. . .

Anonymous said...

love it and I can just hear her talking; so precious!
Kath

Lindsay - Pen and Paint said...

Pottery Barn [ain't got nothin'] on you :) Looks so great!

Dana said...

love the chair!! so cute! that color is too precious!!