11.12.2011

Back to Life ...


My last post I mentioned that my cold turned into a sinus infection. Seemed like things would be getting better, then I had the facial pain, teeth / jaw aching which told me I was wrong. Switched gears & got on new meds & did some sinus rinses. Finally [finally!] was getting over it, then one day I woke up & couldn't stop coughing & I couldn't catch my breath. 101 fever, chills, aches ... bronchitis had set in. S.E.R.I.O.U.S.L.Y. Got all better, was feeling like I was coming back to life ... then we got hit hard. With our 1st battle of head lice. S.E.R.I.O.U.S.L.Y. Oh & a stomach bug mixed in there for good measure, but luckily that was short lived. The head lice is not short lived. In fact, it disturbs your household for a good few weeks. And the whole time you have to cross your fingers that as it's making its way through classrooms, that it doesn't come back around. Things have been rough around here. I know things could be worse, but at times I wasn't convinced of that.

This poor, pitiful plant was living in my art studio. He was perched on the window sill. I went in there to get something last week & saw it keeled over. I realized how much it symbolized what was going on in the rest of our house. Worn out. Unhealthy. Uprooted. Needing a little pick me up. This plant looks the way I felt. And seeing it also made me realized how long it had been since things were 'normal' & I had a chance to work on things for my shop. :)

So things have been a little crazy. But a nice, long vacation is in our near future. I think we have earned it. :) When I get back, the store will open back up & I'll have some holiday specials & mark downs! Hope this fall as been kinder to you! :) Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Karah said...

glad the lice is gone..sorry you had to deal with that! have fun at disney..can not wait to see pics! love you! xo